6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, February 13, 2011

day 566

got up, got outta bed, headed to upper west side for the Cupid's Chase 5k. All the upper west side/riverside park races are a bit odd. The upper west side is the reason, a unique community. This one was suppsoed to start on 97th and riverside, more like 99th and riverside, but whatthehell. It's only a 5k.

LOTS of swag. The one nice part, a meat market. When you do shirt/bib pickup, if you're single, you got a red shirt, with "available" on the back, atop the sponsors. If you were married/involved, you got an "unavailable" white shirt. Put me in an odd position. But yes, I got a shirt.

Just broke 9 minutes, but that wasn't the point. After not having run for days, my back held up. Granted, only a 5k, but I'm glad to not be crippled. Then, hung in the city, saw Cedar Rapids.

Got home, Stoney was there, had his first real party later in the evening. For some odd reason, he was on the rag, actually had the balls to ask me to stop singing, then turned into a pissed off teenager. At which point I frankly told him to fuck off, my house/my rules.

One of the niceities of facebook is reconnecting with my grade school classmates. We ALL agree, topday's kids respect NOTHING. Truly, they know not how good they have it.

No comments: