6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, February 7, 2011

blessed

reading a book in which the protagonist counts his blessings.

Among them, it dawned on me-and thus MUST be posted here for eternity-I've had a peep through each stage of my life.

Grade school: Dennis Hevia (thanks Facebook!)
High School/Massachusetts: Dan Browne
High School/Queens: Loewenstein (amazing how we met: I'm playing a DEAD cassette, he asked if I was a "Deadhead," I had NO clue what that meant, thought I was getting dissed.)
College: Loewenstein, Bill Sharp(again, funny how we met. He's carrying a stack of records, atop the stack: Fleetwood Mac. I commented something to the effect of "pussy music," he thought "who's THIS asshole?" Next thing you know, we're running buddies).
Grad School: Lambert
Adult Life part 1: Debbie/Steve Alexander
Adult Life part 2: Brotherfromanothermother.

I've been quite fortunate. How many people can say they had real friends/peeps. Not they that promise their love forever, what crap that is, but real peeps.

I remember I had one of those "A-ha" moments when I was on the phone with Debbie. She, as usual, was quite upset about something. Was shaken that she saw behind the curtain. I, of course, stated the obvious: if we had ONE peep, we were lucky. She finally internalized that they she called "friends" were groupies.

I'm really lucky. Through no fault of my own, I've come to know some amazing people.

No comments: