6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, May 26, 2011

day 669

yin/yang

ok, hadda fulfill a committment (in my own head). I'd told Big Bird I'd see him @ the Wednesday Night Summer Series, rain or no rain, last week. THAT was pre-monsoon talk. As SOON as I got home after bailing, the rain stopped. Felt like a total wuss, more so after saying I'd see him there. So, hadda do last night's 5k. Not TOO bad. Felt it during the first mile, exacerbated by split calls-I HATE hearing my split. First mile: 9:16. I GOTTA stop starting in the back of the pack. Came in @ 8:54 per mile. Glad I'm still breaking 9. BUT, last Wednesday 5k was @ 8:50, AFTER running that morning. Yesterday, "slept in," (got up @ 4), didn't run in the am. BUT, it was significantly warmer/tougher to breathe. My benchmark is Dave Philippi, and anyone wearing their running club singlet, i.e. Lynbrook's Running Stop. Prob is: after Saturday's 8:32, I wanna do at least that well every time. Hey, breaking 9 consistently was/is my goal.

This am, St.Francis, back home. WARM, but good. Saw my before picture and Jesus man-said he hadn't seen me in a while. Wow. Good to be recognized, I think.

Oprah gone. THANK YOU GOD. Hopefully this harkens the end of the "me me me" generation. Like I REALLY need someone I never met to empower me??? Am I THAT pathetic????

Sat, the 5k up the block. Always tugs @ my heartstrings. Before some of us disappeared from the scene, this was a big meeting of the masses. A good thing actually, because the wheat got seperated from the chaff. Those that were all talk split. Good. But still, I have this idea in my head of one big family. Naive bastard I know.

Sun the Long Beach 10m. Ouch. THAT one is always tough. But later that night we have the LI Ducks game. One of few occasions Stoney graces me with his presence. Looking forward to it, hangin' with the club peeps and my boy. Always fun.

No comments: