6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, May 13, 2011

day 656

a good week!!!

...and not a moment too soon! Rain predicted for manana through next week. Glad as hell I didn't take a day off, yet. You KNOW it's gotta-eventually-happen.

Reading that book REALLY inspired me. Made the same points that occasionally pass through my mind, i.e.: running shoes have planned obsolescence (i.e. why do some feel REALLY good/no knee pain, when worn to shit???), aren't Nike Free's a scam? I.E. we're designed to run barefoot. Why didn't runners of old have all the problems we now have, considering they run in-by comparison-shit. Hell, THEY ran in Chuck Taylor All Stars, or worse. Yet, plantar fasciatis and all the other bullshit was unknown to them, or, do we just bitch too much? I.E. why do we EXPECT to be pain free. Life hurts, after all. Isn't pain part of the human condition?

Got a call from brotherfromanothermother last evening. Returned it-something I NEVER do. But we need each other. God bless him.

This weekend'll be heavy. Manana, a mini reunion, Monday, part 2. Looking forward to it. PArt of my past, rarely look back, but these are my kids. Amazing to know you actually made a difference.

Boss put in his papers, today the posting was out. I applied of course. Nice to be considered. We'll see. What makes it special is the fact that I, literally, entered from the ground floor. Nice to know hard work pays. If this is as far as I get, I'm still happy. Done alright. Funny to see your life reduced to 3 pages.

The scary part is: again, no one to look up to. We are the people that others will turn to. Scary.

No comments: