6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, May 8, 2011

day 651

hadda raise the bar

Last year was the year of "suck it up buttercup," this year is one of improvement. Did VERY well today. 55%, a.k.a. an 8:48 pace. My BEST in any NYRR race had been 8:44, and that was years ago. Today was good, very good. Tough, but good. Again, if I was smart, I'd have taken yesterday off, but can't bring myself to do it. Knees are killing me, but I"m really into it.

Was nice to see Deb, she was in a corral or two ahead of me. We both beat over 50%, nice for us as well as a strong showing for the club.

re: Mother's Day? Right. It was out all day, I checked in with Stoney to see if he wanted to do something, he declined, but took me up on my offer for BK. Again kiddies, remember, It portrays me as Satan, yet, he's left all day with an empty fridge, not knowing when it'll come home. Happy Day Bitch.

My mom was amazing, I carry her with me daily as the best example. single parent, full time job, raising two brats AND paying a mortgage-not to mention sending us to private school. All with love in her heart and every action. Whereas it screams, curses, and blames others (me)for everything. And my grandmother? Kicked Nazis out of her church during WWII. An amazing woman. I had great examples. Carry them with me in every thought and deed.

No comments: