6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

day 654

broke through the wall

Refreshing to have hit the wall and broken through it! Looked at my progress/lackthereof. All the manuals, trainers, etc...say you gotta keep at it, because you WILL hit a plateau. Looking @ last month's results, was a full 30 secs slower. And why? Didn't care about speed. Now, refuse to age gracefully. Book I'm reading indicates you peak in your 20's, decline, peak again at.....64!!! Damn. Guess I have something to look forward to?

St.Francis this am. Was RIGHT on the fence re: long sleeves, glad I used a t shirt.

Boss packing boxes re: closing up shop/retiring. Scary. Lots of ambivalence. Nice that, having started as an entry level employee, then rising. Nice. Scary part is: to whom do you turn? No more higher ups. Kind'a like the feeling you get when your parents-both-finally die. No matter how old you are, you feel alone. Thank god I have good people for peeps.

No comments: