6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

day 248

hole in my soul

REALLY miss Stoney. With his staying with brotherfromanothermother, feel like Toxichouse is an empty shell. Staff here did a mass e mail, one line sticks out: "raising teenagers is like trying to nail jello to a tree." REALLY sums it up. Miss the lil' bastard.

4th day of rain, finally ended. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. This evening, break the mold: run after work. Gotta. Going manana to pick up the numbers for the half, so, gotta run today. Would'a run this am...but...RAIN. Goddamnit.

Last night, VERY good class. What I don't understand: the instructor perspired to the extent I remarked a mop was needed, I barely broke a sweat, despite keeping pace/maintaining the same resistance. Hopefully this is a byproduct of distance running.


***Re: Easter. Funny, that's the last thing on my mind. If It didn't bring it up, I would'a treated it like just any other day. How odd that that's the same date I entered rehab 25 years prior. No coincidences.

****In discussing the weekend (yes, It was apparently medicated so we were able to speak), I indicated there was the 1/2 going on, if they wanted to come. It responds "whatthehell do people do @ these things, why should we come?" And you wonder why I shake my head in amazement/dejection? Ummmmm. I dunno, SUPPORT the person as he undertakes what few are fool enough to do??? While your lazy ass sleeps/vegetates/grows roots on the couch? That hurt, but wasn't unexpected. Who's sick and who's living life? Who's got a great career and who's got a lawyer? And yes, I explained the difference between Public Assistance and Disability to Stoney. Whenever It speaks ill of me, I remind him Mommy's on welfare. War is hell.

No comments: