6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, March 1, 2010

day 218

now THAT'S more like it!!!

Actually got a run in this am, nothing big, 86th, but after spin saturday and the 4m yesterday, needed the miles. AND, best, was able to run in shorts!!!! The weather is wonderful! (that's the good news), the bad news: melting snow=slush=yucccccch. So, gotta get it while you can (running too hee hee).

Yesterday's race was a howl! Tom did his usual great time, he was sitting in the vehicle as we were finishing. I joked he probably showered, washed the vehicle and had it painted as we were finishing up. It was her first run in Prospect Park, and her time reflected that-but-she didn't d.n.f. Prospect Park is a 4m Central Park, VERY hilly, with one more hill 1200 metres from the finish. Ouch. Even I hadda take a 30 sec walk break @ that point. Big bird ran by me as well, it's usually the other way, but I was glad. Got back into the 50% percentile. And, again, my theory holds true: The Brooks Beast adds to my time. GREAT cushioning, but like running with cinder blocks. Here I used a pair of Saucony's I bought for the Midnight Run (insoles, of course). Icing on the cake: 5 down, 4 more to go (qualifiers!!!). Next week: Coogan's.

The rest of the peeps did the Farmingdale run, both Tom, AW, and I lamented not being able to be in 2 two places 2 the same time, but you can't pass up the opportunity to race in Prospect Park.

Toxichouse? He woke up @ the crack of 11, It went to a meeting, drove by, went to another meeting, ducked out to buy dogfood, went to ANOTHER meeting. Yes "get a life" would be appropriate @ this point. And Stoney? Logged 17 hours on the x box. Pathetic. Friggin' pathetic.


*** Re: The Olympics. USA Hockey got Silver. Amazing. We didn't get gold, didn't beat the team whose country invented the friggin' game, yet we're not happy. I'm amazed. Tough part was it's hard to hate 'em. When we played the Russians, it was easy. But US vs. Canada is really a win/win. Just glad it's over. Really don't give a f about the Olympics. Dog and pony show. (you gotta admit: how many people all of a sudden became hockey fans? And I'm lucky enough to be playing regularly.). Nice touch having Neil close.

God bless the Kinks!!!

..........telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty................

No comments: