6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, March 22, 2010

day 239

building on the MOmentum.

Today should'a been a rest/spin day...but....House is a new episode, and it's s'posed to rain this evening into manana. Soooooo....laced 'em up and did 10. Manana I'll spin, today, take advantage of the nice temps-sweatshirt and shorts weather. Miss doing Henri's class-he's a good guy AND a Strider, but.....priorities. (good thing I listened to my instincts-NOT always a good thing, but today it worked. Rain started about an hour ago. Weatherpeeps said it'd start this evening. Oh well. Got my run on!).

Surprised I feel this good, but the good news is: from running marathons-a half is a longer training run. The bad news: might just stick to 1/2's. Of course I'll do The Big One until I crawl. Also, just read about Chef Gordon Ramsay. He hadda bail on the LA Marathon after mile 15, calf muscles. He was using it as a warmup for London, now he says he's done-after doing 10 Londons. I feel exactly the same, but NY IS the shit.

Signed up to do the LI Half. Really should do the full, but can't bring myself to do the mind numbing boredom. That one REALLY sucks. Did it for years thinking "26 is 26, exciting or not," but fuckit. Enough crap in my life. Would'a done the Suffolk Half, but same thing. Booooring as hell, and no medal. Later for that. Doing the "Innards' Tour" instead, a.k.a. The Colon Cancer 15k. Started doing marathons for 2 reasons: 1)prove I had balls (the fat kid who couldn't do a lap around the gym...), and 2)Medals/to prove I could. Knowing I'll never qual for Boston-unless I live to be a million, and knowing I CAN do that distance when I want to, got nothing left to prove. Thus, halves it is...for now :) .

(really, really give less than a shit about time, BUT did the half one minute better than last year. YAY! I don't TOTALLY suck!!!).

Again, gotta hand it to the NYRR. Can't get "What I Like About You" outta my head from the live karaoke in Times Square, passing the Hard Rock thinking about Pret. How perfect was that?

Booked the hotel for Ragnar. Amazing rate. Cheaper to stay there than Toxichouse. Saner too. Looking forward to that one. Road trip!!!!!!!


*** Re: Obama's Health care: the plan states kids would be covered under current coverage to age 26. GOOD. Otherwise I'd pay thousands for Stoney to continue under my plan. Yet ANOTHER factoid that'll never cross it's mind: coverage for it's son. Remember when It was breaking my balls about Its coverage being interrupted??? Throwing Stoney into it, i.e. "your son's chipped tooth..." Well, his tooth is STILL chipped. Told you, It IS useless. Totally friggin' useless.

****AND, date announced for next year's 1/2: 3/20/11.

*****View from the street pic below

No comments: