6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

day 226

alright, you exist!!! (a.k.a. "grab an atheist")

Was set to go to spin class yesterday, but the temps interfered. TOO beautiful an evening to be indoors (tonight too, but gotta save the knees). So, did The Line. Again, stay outta God's way and He can do that voodoo that He do. So, after the crap hit the fan re: Stoney's absence and It's inability/refusal to so much as call the fucking school to explain why he wasn't there, I was LIVID (could you tell???). So, needed the run. Henri's class would'a been cool, great guy, surrounded by peeps, but needed the run.

After Coogan's, had dead legs, but didn't let that get to me. With every peep on the path (there's a song there somewhere) came another comment of "is this f-ing great or what??" We'd all had our fill of winter. Ran into Dennis as he was cycling. Peeps come and go but the die-hards remain. Then, I'm wrapping up, 400m from the end, run by Ray. Made the comment "you have a unique gait." As I cool down, we talk, turns out he's got cancer. Sonofabitch. I asked if he retired from running, he said he was "getting out," refusing to be still during treatments. Sonofabitch!!!!! 77 years old, could STILL kick my butt (he was a high school sprinter), and he STILL refuses to be still. Bless him. NOW you know why I respond like I do to Shebitch. And IT'S recovered!!!!! Does Ray play the victim????? Does Ray tell all his friends every intimate detail of his married life, portraying his spouse as Satan???NO! Gets off his ass and walks, snowshoes.....What a man. Yet another reason I love my club. No pussies.

...and if I'd gone to spin class, would'a missed out on a big piece of life. (as Shebitch lies on the inflatable bed in the middle of the living room, and Stoney makes love to his x box).

No comments: