6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

day 219

warm(er) temps, gotta love it!!! Get rid of the shmutz, let it melt away.

Got to, again, revisit old haunts, did 86th. Hadda. With spinning last night and spin tonight, can't run myself into the ground (yes, you read correctly).

Fireworks, again, last night. It truly seems I'm the only motherfuc___ @ my address who gives a flying f___. Stoney just starting his homework as I enter (9pm), It lying down. His progress report, unsigned since last week, sitting on the table. I went OFF. He tells me I didn't remind him (It's sitting on the fucking table in plain sight!!!!). Of course I tore them BOTH new ones: YOU guys wanted the dog, haven't cleaned the poop in the backyard for over 2 weeks-gonna make a lovely mess with the melting snow. His telling me I didn't remind him, of course I told them BOTH I seem to be the only being there with anything vaguely resembling signs of life, and HIS getting HIS responsibilities fulfilled was HIS responsibility. He tries, obviously unsuccessfully, to slide it to me. AND, after all this b.s. he asks when his computer'll be fixed.

Wonder why I ran?


***STILL riffin' off the Ray Davies concert. Wow. One of the many, many tributes to him is the way he gives due diligence to the very act of putting one foot in front of the other. The working stiff, the regular Joe, is given a certain nobility in his eyes. He tributes everyman. As years progress, this becomes more and more obvious. Just showing up for life, in and of itself, is a noble act.

God bless the Kinks.

No comments: