6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, March 26, 2010

day 243

THAT was weird!

Ran yesterday am, so no spin. BIG mistake.

Went back to Toxichouse "early," meaning there @ 6:30 pm. WHY do I insist on thinking the glass'll be half full?? Translation: I pull out a blank progress report, ask where I should put it so Stoney remembers. He responds "when'll my computer be fixed?" He indicates, basically, he'll get it signed when the computer's fixed. It, of course, tells me not to push it. I of course indicate he hasn't had them signed for a month, a child doesn't blackmail a parent, and It should back what the parent says, not contradict in the presence of the child. It, of course, responds with my need for therapy......"this is why your son hates you" (REAL feel good exchange there eh? Guess this replaces "how was your day, dear?")......Amazing. Utterly amazing. If only for the fact that I either didn't stick It in a wood chipper or eat a bullet, I deserve Father of the Year.

So, what'd I do? STAPLED his lunch money to it. Told It to not interfere, and not critique if It wasn't going to actively participate in parenting.

He has no idea how much this hurts. Likewise, no idea the pain it puts me through-having to be a single parent PLUS deal with It not only not supporting but contradicting. Amazing.

THEN, It disappears and goes to church. No homework check, brought pizza for his dinner. Our for 3 hours.

Wow.

End result: He hates me.

Be glad you're not me.

Really hit me in the gut "...this is why he hates you..." Who's the only person to actually DO anything there? Who maintains a healthy lifestyle? Pays the bills? Who ignores It's offspring? Leaves the house to fall to pieces? Goes to church while laundry sits in piles? Leaves 1/8 inch of water on the bathroom floor then abandons the house for yet ANOTHER meeting??? Hope Jesus appreciates it.

***This just in: he got it signed!!!!! Thank you GOD!!!

No comments: