6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, March 28, 2010

day 245

I don't (totally) suck!!!!!

The NYRR run today was either a 4m or a 15k. Which do YOU think I did? Almost did the Suffolk half, worst run on earth, but love the idea of a half every weekend. But no, did the NYRR run instead. This gives me all the quals I need for The Big One. But don't lets get ahead of ourselves.

Get a call from Stoney yesterday asking if he can have one of my belts. I told him to stay put, I'd stop n' buy him a couple. Of course, It is nowhere to be found. Bought him 2 black belts, his brotherfromanothermother was coming to pick him up to spend the night. Again, It was nowhere to be found, didn't leave word with anyone. Still isn't here, good thing the dog has me-who never wanted him, but anyway....yes, the 2 who swore to care for him are m.i.a. Typical.

So, at least I had a peaceful night. Went to see Chloe (Amanda Seyfried is delicious!!!!), then headed for bed. Awoke predawn, got a good parking spot, napped. Now, the question was: shorts or longs. Changed twice, finally: shorts. It was 45, but breezy.

Now, my fun @ this race is earth's biggest asshole. It's the colon cancer run, so I get my picture taken @ a colon you walk through. Big disappointment: no colon! Dayum!!!!! That's why I call this the asshole run. (See last year's pic @ bottom).

Bumped into Big Bird and the LIRRC peeps, they asked que paso with the AP Presidency. I told 'em the obvious: elections, prez is prez for 2 years. Democracy is good! (freedom is better!!!).

Surprised no other AP peeps here.

Tough run, but good. Anything over 5 in CP is a ball breaker. Especially with absolutely, positively NO support. Instead, picked 2 amazing girls to draft with. After we went to see Greenberg. THAT was fun, the 3 of us, totally unplanned, hanging. Thanks G!!!!!

Glad I did good, especially after NOT taking yesterday off. Came in 52%. But...no colon. :(

p.s. Neither of them here.

No comments: