6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

day 241

Wow!!!

Started out this am prepredawn. Faithful readers understand why, for the rest: if you lived where I did, you'd boogie asap as well. Checked e mail, off I went, 4:30am.

Temps felt good, did Spinning last night soooooooo...laced 'em up! NIIICE morning. Felt great-sweatshirt, shorts. Nice to see the predawn peeps again. What a delightful way to start the day. Did 10. Intended to do St.Francis, but we're not gonna have too many days like today. Crisp, windy, 44 degs. Yummmm.

Rain predicted for Thursday into Friday am. We'll see.

***Seems to be the 1/2 season. Did the nyc half, this weekend is the "I can't believe I'm running this boring half and NOT falling asleep while actually running" a.k.a. The Suffolk Half, the 15k in Central Park, and the 13.1 in Flushing Meadows next week. Wow.

Happy to be doing the 13.1. I remember when I started this running nonsense, there was the time of year in which there was a race in Flushing Meadows every week. Unfortunately, those times are gone. The Run to Home Plate? Gone. The College Point Summer Series? Gone. Curtis's 5k in Flushing Meadows? Gone. Pipers? Now they do that one in Far Rockaway. A shame really. THAT'S why I look forward to the 13.1. I'm a Queens boy, born and raised. It's in my blood. Not to mention the memories Shea and the World's Fair bring up. My blood really is blue and orange. Garish as those colors may be.

No comments: