6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 1855

Wow!

Just called the NY State Retirement system. Good news: I'm free!!!!!!! The last part of my life is about to begin! YAY!!!!!!!

With bills beginning to pile up, I hadda check my assets. Turns out, when I turn 55, I can apply for retirement. It behooves me to do so since delaying it only leaves money in the state general fund. In other words, delaying only postpones putting $ in my pocket. Wow.

Add this to my Deferred Comp, and I'll be ok.

Nice.

All those years on the job are now paying off, it was not, in fact, wasted. Though the circumstances hurt me, it is what it is. If I'd hung around for 6+ more years (30 years), there'd be more in my pension. But, I'm ok. Nice.

This does not suck.

No comments: