6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 1837

One man's ceiling is another man's floor/the grass is NOT greener.

Did the LGBT 5m today. Why? 1)It's a qualifier   2) It's 5m in Central Park. Not too shabby. Tough, my pace sucked, just over 10, but it wasn't some bullshit 5k.

That was the good news.

Got a fucking $45 dollar parking ticket. Thought I was cool w/2 hour parking between 9-11am, so far so good. What I didn't see was the "no parking between 8:30-9am" sign. FUCK. Oh well.

Then, bumped into a former peep. former because all she did was whine/talk/mooch. All one way. Was good for pace, but little else. But, this doesn't make her a bad person, just drove me nuts. Turns out, her hub died. I was always happy that 2 runners found each other late(r) in life, turns out he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, too late. Really a shame.

Yesterday, all hell broke loose. It caught me looking for a pen in her purse. (I needed a black pen). what did I find instead? My mail. Nice. And of course It went OFF, all the usual script. Never owning stealing my mail. Sure Its friends are counseling It to take me to court. Go ahead, pay your own taxes after admitting to theft. Stealing mail is federal.

Thank God I run.


No comments: