6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, June 26, 2010

day 336

THAT was rough!!!

ONLY a 5k, relatively flat-Flushing Meadows-but 85+ degs! WOW!!! Came in under 9 1/2 mins, but hey, every motherfucker was in my age group!!! They went 3 deep, third place was a full minute per mile faster. Can't fault him, he deserves the award, but I had hope...for a second...and...POOF! Gone. Oh well. Was truly wonderful to be back @ the scene of the crime, where I grew up and had too too many fond memories! Also, reconnecting with Curtis, lovely.

Ended up hangin' with a running peep, talkin', talkin', ends up he's a teacher @ Newtown!!! Wow. We compared notes vis a vis teaching in rough hoods, we both acknowledge East New York is the baddest of the bad. I was very proud!!! He'll do The Manhattan Run, and voiced interest in Ragnar. Nice. (god I miss living in Queens!!!)

Hooked up with Pret @ The park, cruised by The Summer Party, literally "by," didn't stop in. Had an attack of bashful. Fuck you, it happens.

Shebitch on a rant-I had the balls to consume 2 slices of bologna. Ain't I a prick?

No comments: