6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

day 324

does it get any better???

First, did The Line yesterday am, then played 9 @ Douglaston in the pm. NIIIICE! Pre-mosquito weather, no wait for a tee time, really good. THIS is why we work!!!

Was prepped to do St.Francis this am, saw the usual vehicles in the parking lot-including one that insists on parking in a non parking spot, blocking entry to The Line. @ that hour, every spot is empty but this dick HAS to park there. OK, whatever. Start out, I run into him. Turns out he's where I was at. He says "dunno how you do it" (sound familiar?). This guy's dressed in sweats, I'm in shorts-no top. We start talking, he shows me he's wearing the nicotine patch, trying to lose weight as well (like I said, he's where I was at). Told him how I started, we exchanged names.....cool. George Sheehan was right! (funny, he's not as much of an asshole anymore).

STILL love my Garmin! Some of the best $$$ I ever spent.


***Busting a gut watching how wiped my guys are. We only played 9 holes yesterday evening, you'd think we ran a marathon! To think, before I started doing this exercise bullshit, I'd wonder how peeps can do it then work. Now, I can't imagine NOT doing it. That whole "exercise energizes me" was a concept I couldn't wrap my head around. Didn't exercise exhaust you? Quite the contrary, it pumps you up, helps start the day the right way. You can always tell when someone didn't get their miles in. Thanks God, needed it!

No comments: