6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, June 6, 2010

day 315

THAT was fun!!!

Did the 4m in Central Park, the Japan Day Run. Thank GOD it was @ 8 am, it was HOTTTTTT and VERY humid. More than 5,000 runners. The NYRR lifted the 5,00 cap, made it a mass of humanity. But fun nontheless. REALLY tough to get a head of steam going, too tough to breathe let alone run. I knew it was bad when I passed Big Bird within the first 2 miles, usually he starts out too fast, I pull him in for the last 2 miles. He was struggling as was I. Beat him by 20 seconds. Nothing to be proud of, Ken and I are the same age-HE placed in his age group today. I'm just happy to be running.

Then, hadda boogie asap, to get to shower and be in Roslyn for Ken's gathering. Really alot of fun hangin; with 20 peeps. Bless them.

Nice to hang with people who accept you for who you are (Shebitch is on ANOTHER tear, getting tired of it-more so than before). And of the entire brunch, not an ill word or mental attitude! Great peeps. Happy Birthday Ken!!! And props on your award!

No comments: