6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, June 24, 2010

day 333

Totally from left field!

Did St.Francis, again, hottttt/humid. Showered @ the gym, to work we went! Opened e mail, SHIT! In clicking around, I'd inadvertantly regged to vol for the Wall Street run. That was the bad news. The good news? I have time up the yin yang, I'm off Thurs, and I vol'd for number pickup, second shift. This translates to indoors, get my + 1 in, and STILL can do the race. Ok. Ask the boss for the pm, he says ok, off to NYC.

Picked up my shirt and bib, got something to eat, came backl @ 2:3o. Jean "replaced my d-tag after I threw it out like an asshole" Cupo was the coordinator (the other usual suspect is Theresa fyi). Jean did a quick training, (do's and don't's), then we were set up. I was one of 5 giving bibs. Had good memories of doing this in Hartford and Suntrust. The usual: @ first everyopne's quiet, then as runners with shared interest, couldn't shut us up! I was hangin" with a personal trainer ( a 9/10). AND, a wide screen palsma TV with the soccer matches. Before I knew it, literally, it was 30 mins left to end of the shift. That meant we'd been on our feet for 5 hours! A couple of peeps recognized me from The Line, no, you can't hide. Apparently one of the bikers i nod to was psyched to run into me there. COOL! Have peeps everywhere. And then...staff came, said we're letting you guys out early, 6:45, we were done. We dispersed, went our seperate ways, though the trainer and I went to dinner. Really lovely evening. We bonded over weight loss, both having been huge. We'll never remember each others' names, but that isn't important.

Caught the 7:44 to Hicksville, got home, Stoney had his main peep over. Good. Shebitch? It's car died, had a peep drive it somewhere. Heeee Heeeeee!!! Life IS good!!!

Really great afternoon. Running is good. Life is good.

No comments: