6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, October 30, 2009

day 96

48 hours and counting!!!!!

Went to the expo yesterday, MAN life can be sooooo good.

My peep went home to pick up Stoney, I was stuck here on site. Tom and his son met me here an hour earlier than they'd planned (YES!!! Earlier is gooder), Stoney came a-riding in. It was on!!! Took the bus to the train, walked to Javits (The most exercise Stoney'd gotten in months).

Who checks my e mail and license? Randy!!! Can't friggin' hide. As we're waiting (Tom didn't bring his e mail, so we got held up), bump into Vince who was waiting for Sue who didn't bring her e mail either. THEN, we run into Jonathan and his mom. Man, this IS our run!!!

Checked out the expo-it was 5:30 @ this point, I'm ready to collapse-3 hours after my usual feeding time. I'm making repeated forays to the powergel booth for some new crap they're pushing-tastes like chocolate mud, but it worked-kept me going!!!

Stoney wanders over (HE wanted to check the booths, I wanted to grab my shit and go, bless him, he was into it!!!) to the Skull Candy booth, skaterdude workin' it gives him a t shirt-way cool!!! (THIS, in addition to a NEW, in the box, pair of ear buds he FOUND as we left the train made his night). Skaterdude and I start talkin', turns out he's recovering from crystal meth. Smaaaaaal world n'est pas?

Finally, we reconnect, head out. @ this point it's 6:25 when we hit Penn. Train to Hicksville is 6:35...what to do, what to do. Hadda eat something. With all Penn has to offer, what does Stoney choose? Taco Bell, of course. Shebitch would come home nearly every night with it, he's been withdrawing. I had 2 chicken burritos (340 cals x 2) he had his usual. We hit the train, made it with a minute to spare.

What a fun evening!!! And tonight it continues with the club pasta dinner.

...Yin to the Yang: RAIN predicted for Sunday-we'll see. After all this, how bad could it be??? Very, but hey, at least I won't be alone ;).

No comments: