6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, October 3, 2009

day 69

did ok. Had the Grete's Gallop today. Stayed in Manhattan overnight, did the 1/2 in the am. Didn't do GREAT, last year came in @ 2:03, this year 2:11(which is open to question. 2:11 was my gun time, for some reason chip time didn't register, but it is what it is. If I passed mile 12 @ 1:52, how the HELL could it have taken 20 mins to run one mile?????). Didn't push as hard as I could've, wanna run manana, but did well. No walk breaks. Also, in the back of my mind, didn't wanna get hurt with a month to go before The Big One.

Hooked up with Tom, bless him. What a sweet guy. Really a heart of gold (whatthefuck is wrong with him???).

Had fun @ the race, also after, typical NYC shit, was crossing against the light-2 tourists next to me-they'd stopped. I looked @ them shrugged, said "this IS NYC," and proceeded. They followed laughing.

Missed the usual suspects, once upon a time this was a group race, but as they isolate, I press on. Oh well.

No comments: