6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

day 87

thank GOD for running. Dunno what I'd do if I didn't get out.

Imagine having to do everything yourself, then do everything for another person as well. That's what I'm up against. The good part, as I explained to Stoney's guidance counselor, at least when I'm parenting Stoney I no longer have a shrieking harpie behind him contradicting everything I say. But it IS difficult. Today, like every am, he will walk to school, waking up in an empty house. Sucks. But he IS 14, an age at which independence is balanced with the last gasps of childhood. Ok, so he goes to school, THEN, he'll have the meeting with his English teacher and Guidance Counselor. OUCH. But this is what must happen. He needs to tighten up. No wonder. Did Shebitch EVER even peruse his homework????? And as you know, that's only the tip of the iceberg re: Its non parenting. What hurts today is I won't be there when he comes home, but this isn't entirely a bad thing either. I'm sure he'll welcome having some space. But it IS nice to sit together as we did @ dinner last night. First time I can remember he didn't even put the tv on until 10pm. He did his homework, we ate, we did weights (THAT was a howl), and then he went on the computer. A great day for him and I as a unit, not great day as a student.

I gotta hang in there. As you know, took the day off yesterday to set the house straight, no small task. Did the lawn, swept up the leaves, cleaned his room, put away his clothes. As of 2 pm, the house was tight. Of course I was exhausted, but when Stoney came up the front steps, wind was again behind my sails. REALLY glad Its out of the picture. AND, guess how THAT worked????? It got a lift from one of Its groupies, without so much as indicating where It was going for the procedures. Good. Totally out of the picture this way.

By the time I got to St.Francis this am, I felt like the guy in the desert seeing an oasis for the first time. MAN did I need that. Unfortunately, RAIN predicted for the weekend. But it's ok, that should be my biggest problem.

No comments: