6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

day 79, one week to go

until It enters the hospital for either curing or the last time.

10 this am, evened out the weekend's 5k's. St.Francis + Teamquantumbrickwellfeet's 5k course. @ first the am looked dicey, was sprinkling @ Toxichouse, but per usual, when approaching Queens, nothing. Nice. Another Hooded sweatshirt/shorts am, 46 degs. Gotta acclimate, but don't wanna be uncomfortable. Odd that-when things were as normal as they ever were in Hicksville, didn't mind the cold as much. Now, I got enough crap in my life to last 5 lifetimes, not tolerating more than I gotta.

Knees holding up, ready to accept a shit pace for the sake of saving my knees. Do I wanna chase an unattainable dream, or run for years? Hmmmm.

Stoney's home from school-big surprise. Never eats veggies, never exercises, jeeeeez.

Tonight, out for dinner. Boys night out. The team heard about birthday @ Toxichouse (not one fucking gift, feel so rewarded when I pay the mortgage) they're taking me for "after eating this you'll have a stroke" steak. Ruth's Chris or Smith & Wollensky. Bless 'em.


***Can a week pass more quickly??? Made the mistake of occupying the same space as Shebitch-BIG error. It went shopping last night, brought home chicken, and...are you sitting...I cooked it! Bastard aren't I? For this I get torn yet another new one. Among other choice things, I'm told I'm cheap, I'm________ just fill in your favorite expletive. Follow this by a litany of "my my my," as in a distinct and clear seperation of belongings here. Great example for a kid n'est pas??? As in "the chicken wasn't for you, you cooked MY chicken." Amazing. Utterly amazing. And no, I didn't respond with "You're using my electricity, in my house, watching my cable."

Yin/Yang: Tom called. Bless him, paid for the bus to the start of the marathon.

No comments: