6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, October 12, 2009

day 78

BEAUTIFUL morning, shorts and hooded sweatshirt (DO NOT even THINK "hoodie," annoying, uniquely caucasian word.) Was 45 degs when I hit The Line. YUMMMMM. REALLY felt good. Needed it after the weekend's 5k's. Bullshit distances, so after The Big One, I should use them as speed runs, and accept no less than 8:30. Prob is with these running shoes, it's tough to get any speed-they're like cinderblocks, but the trade off is worth it-knees feel good. What price speed???

Reality check: with the passing of yet another weekend, comes our "back down to earth" moment. Feeling really good that I'm down to one credit card with a balance, a sub $2,000 balance at that. Prob will occur in 8 days. THIS is when the weight of the world comes down. It enters the hospital, either to get cured or not to, the final solution-or not. This leaves me holding the bag. Remember, after the stem cell implants, rather than give the dog to a friend, It is choosing to abandon us and live with others for 2 months. This is GREAT for the house, we'll go from "Toxichouse" to "home," but this leaves me to do everything. Normal people would take 2 months off, I can't. I won't.

Got my # for The Big One. Good news: I'm in the first section, bad news: of the last wave. I'll be starting 'round 10:30.

***Pics from Get to the Point just added, see bottom.

No comments: