6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, October 29, 2009

day 95

It happened!!! The miracle!

OK, felt like shit after paying $543 to have a pipe valve changed to fix the drip drip drip in the basement, but hey, thank G that's one less worry. THEN, Stoney comes home from school yesterday SOAKED. There's an umbrella and poncho in his backpack. I hit the roof!!!

He KNEW I was pissed, so, bless him, he asked for help with his spanish h/w. Bad news was: he really wanted someone to do the work for him. He had a series of sentences to translate-god forbid he opens his book. THAT'S what he wanted-someone to sit next to him and translate, rather than crack a book. THAT'S (warning: old person line coming) the problem with this generation: instant gratification. Rather than have to work for something.

So, THEN, the computer guy calls and says my laptop is toast-you know, the one Shebitch threw to the ground TWICE.

Here's where it gets good!!!

The guy calls, apologizes profusely, "I know you've had it here for 5 days, I'm very sorry..." @ this point, I know exactly what to do. Notice: the guy never said there was a bench charge (go to Best Buy, they automatically charge $129 just to look at it), so...I saw the sign he had for $199 laptops and $99 desktops, refurbished but hey-once anyone looks @ your pc, it's refurbished. Add this to his being literally around the corner and...I whipped out 5 $20's and said "gimme THAT one." Perfectly good Dell Pentium 4, Windows XP, and best of all, if it goes south, he's right there. How easy was that??? For less than the cost of a repair, I'm gold! Thanks God!!! Thanks alot!!!

Core training last night, good class, one of the peeps spoke of Sunday's run, they wished me well. Nice of them. Came home, Stoney STILL @ the pc, hadn't eaten. FUCK!!! This parenting thing is work. Blessed work, but work nontheless. No more free time, not a second to yourself. It is what it is. @ least I didn't abandon him to go to a meeting.

Last run of the week, rest tomorrow and saturday. Expo tonight. One of the work peeps going to my place to scoop up Stoney, he, I, and my brotherfromanothermother will head to the Javits Center @ 4.


***the hard parts ISN'T running the marathon, the hard part is being a single parent, doing all the shit I gotta do, then running rhe marathon. It's actually 26.2 miles of peace. Most people will never understand that, they don't need to, that's good. No one should have to live with what I do.

No comments: