6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, October 11, 2008

you get what you need

ok, did the St.Clement's race. SHOULD'A done St.Francis, but, Queens gots'ta stick together.

Not bad. A beautiful morning, race started WAY too late-10am, but I think they wanted to be inclusive of the late bloomers.

Suffice to say, it was a sea of green. We really made it our own, quite the showing. Unfortunately, we were the ONLY Queens club there, but fuck 'em. We done good. Another of those "youze guyz made me proud" moments. Not only did we place pretty much across the board, we helped run the event. REALLY nice. Not one of those what's in it for me," but a "what do I bring to the table." AND two notables helped underwrite it, it really WAS a Strider event. Reaffirms my belief that people are fundamentally good.

Had 20-ish more than last year, good to be growing. We placed in practically every category. I'm, again, quite proud. Wish I'd run longer, but proud.

No comments: