6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, October 18, 2008

progress

did the Oysterfest 5k. NOT the brightest thing to do after a race last night and long run tomorrow, but this was a tourist thing. The bluepeoplewhoshouldjustcallaspadeaspadeandjoinaREALclub were there-well, 2 of them anyway. One mentions I should join the other further ahead in the pack. Right, like I could if I wanted to. Nice tights though. Good incentive.

Cool, brisk morning, actually wore a sweatshirt for the race-shouldn't have, but you know how the first cool race of the season can be deceptive. Dunno what manana's dress code will be.

Props to Deb for mentioning I was slowing down in the last 800 metres. Gave me what I needed.

DO regret one thing I have absolutely no control over: natural speed/lack thereof. The bluepeoplewhoshouldjustcallaspadeaspadeandjoinaREALclub, rarely race anymore, don't run like people possessed, yet are always light years ahead. Then again, they lack knee braces. I know it, but can't feel it. STILL believe hard work + dedication = speed. Wrong, obviously. Oh well, how long ago was it that I believed everyone who isn't grotesquely obese must automatically be happy and content since they're not stuck shopping @ the fat people's stores? What gives me the right to hope for something I've no right to?

No comments: