6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Don't Suck!!!!!

Not bad. Did the Poland Spring 5m. Now kiddies, remember: you know that person you have in your life who gives you what you need? Gives positive affirmations? Validates you? Know how you have your place arranged juuust so, looking forward to coming home to it nightly? Now, subtract all that, add a shrieking always raging bitch, n' you got my situation. Night before a big one, yelling, screaming, in other words, the s.o.s. That's not a downer, not depressing, it is what it is. So, we head out to the race. Not a moment too soon.

Killer parking spot, missed Tom-this corral thing isn't real conducive to hooking up, but saw some of the usual suspects. ALOT of people @ this one, with The Big One a week away, no wonder.

Reading the Lebow book. Wow. Was in awe of today's race, but with the thought in the back of my mind "wonder if Fred ever thought it'd get THIS big???" AND, one of my fave things: I'm off the day after, so I get to go back to the scene of the crime and witness the post-event. God I love this shit.

Did well, under 9, for me that's good. Sue and Tom smoked it. Bless 'em. I was glad to be there, experiencing what I'll be too wiped to take in next week.

Come home, It's out @ some Dog walk fundraising shit, Spike in his pj's @ the computer. No breakfast. No nothing, but go on the fundraiser. Take care of everything else EXCEPT what's under your roof. Hide the sharp objects.

One week to go, 7 days, I can make it.

No comments: