6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, October 19, 2008

no, you CAN'T write stuff this good

Shebitch does 5m walk for breast cancer. Now, think about it. Ignores It's family, curses the father of It's child in the child's presence, but will walk for breast cancer. Amazing. Utterly amazing. AND, the best: yesterday, did the Oysterfest 5k, Keith STILL in pj's when I come home, we went to see Max Payne. We come home, Shebitch indicates I must drive him to his brotherfromanothermother's for a party. Now again, think. Shebitch is home all day, but has the tits to tell me to chauffeur. Truly a useless bitch. Took GREAT pains to explain to Keith that though his mother treats him like luggage, I adore each moment spent with him. Can you imagine how he felt??? Cheapertokeephercheapertokeephercheapertokeepher. Bitch.

So, what did today bring? "The Six Hour, Sixtieth Birthday" run. Now, for the uninitiated, you do a 2.1 mile loop @ Sunken Meadow Park until either you lose your mind, cut it short saying "I've had enough," or the horn sounds indicating 6 hours.

I set out to do between 5 and 7 loops, thus, completing a half marathon. I got what I came for. After what seemed like 80 loops, I'd completed 5, unknowingly. Only way I kept track was the clock. Figuring around 20 mins per loop, I was on track. Eventually, I'd passed a couple of walking peeps, figuring-using them as benchmarks, I was drawing close to my feill. Sure enough, I was. Took one walk break on the last loop, but got my 6 loops in. Perfect. 6 loops = between 12/13 m. Ok. I'm satisfied, can run another day without taking manana off, and reconnected with my peeps.

Tom was there, bless his honest/open heart. Spoke with me yesterday, reflecting what was on my mind: "I miss you," how many guys have the balls/are so secure in their masculinity to admit that? Helluva guy. Michelle Nero was there-bless her, one of Curtis's crew, and of course, Vinny, Mike and the Glirc peeps.

This one was good because it marks several points in my life. When I first started I did this one to the point of exhaustion-did 26 + /ALMOST a marathon when the horn sounded. Ouch. Then and there I internalized the fact that you DON'T have to kill yourself to train. Gots'ta save something in the tank.

No comments: