6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, October 17, 2008

stay the course

lot to be said for those words.

Went to see the orthopedist, he ch-ch-checked me out, gave the rehab a thumbs up. Didn't know what to feel, ambivalence. Was secretly hoping he'd do surgery-STILL can't straighten the bugger. But, he said that's how these injuries go-they take FOREVER to regain full range of motion. Told him if were anyone but him, I'd ask for a second opinion-he's a runner, hence, his cred is ok. Gave him a Strider shirt-said he'd wear it manana on his run. Cool. 4 MORE weeks of p/t. Good side: gets me outta work early.

Did 86th + this am. Figured with tonight, tomorrow n' Sunday's races, take it easier. Got my 6+ in, but on an easier course. Felt good, cool in the am-54 degs. Nice. Looking forward to tonight's run, the scorers are triathletes-good group.

REALLY looking forward to The Big One. Only 2 weeks. Starting to think logistically-power gels etc.......


***AND, what comes in the mail following a phone call from T, THE CARD. As in: the card you gots'ta present w/I.D. @ The Big One. Getting pumped!!!!!

No comments: