6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, October 5, 2008

so, did it stop or what???

woke up, pouring fucking rain. OK, suit up, see whassup.

Head to The Park. STILL pouring. Read the paper, await outcome. Sure enough, it stopped. Jeeeeez. Was this a test or what?????

Got my St.Francis on, felt good. After doing a half yesterday, anything else is easy. Trying to use the half as a base, but careful there kiddies, can't raise the bar too high too fast. Only a select crowd there @ the park, the few, the proud, the patient. I'm sure most woke up today thinking "it's raining," wusses.

Took Spike to the flix. Been too long. Prob is, no one but me does anything, but...(yes, we came home, Shebitch tells him to walk the dog. Odd how some people are great at telling others what they should be doing yet...................)

So, what did we see? Nick n' Norah's Infinite Playlist. VERY good. Actually wanted to see the Chihuahua flick, but a)Spike wasn't into it b)WHY would George Lopez-of all people-have ANYTHING with a flick that reinforces Latino stereotypes??????? (unfortunately, it IS funny, but...) So, Nick n' Norah's it was. REALLY good flick. Reminded me of my youth. Back when I'd be up for days going to one concert after another, recording @ Electric Ladyland...the way New York seemed the city of endless fun to a young'un. Miss those days, but now, if I'm up after 9 I'm tired (then again, getting up @ 3.....) STILL have that feeling of: there's something cool out there to do n' I ain't gonna miss it. Thank God. Keeps me from getting as old and bitchy as_______.

No comments: