6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, October 23, 2008

sucks for you

pity...Americredit calling It for late car payments.....suddenly the picture frames I had in the dining room and living room are moved to the den......hmmm.....wonder how Webster defines displacement??? Complaints re: the cost of the biscuits the dog wouldn't eat...hmmmmmmm.

Fuck It.

St.Francis this am, cold-very cold. 9 days to go until The Big One. YESSSSS. Let Shebitch bitch. Doesn't matter. Not a lick. Thank G for my peeps.

Perspective IS indeed everything. Since I started running, I've been fortunate. Through no fault of my own, people have come into my life who keep me sharp and challenge me-the bar being raised ever higher. It associates with assholes who believe whatever It tells It, suckers. What kills me, It has poisoned my brother as well. Doesn't say much for him does it??? THAT realization hurt deeply. Proof, we all go out alone eventually, some earlier than others. THIS is what I feel daily. THIS is why I run.

My peeps know me better than I know me. It's peeps know the shit It feeds them. My peeps keep me honest and can smell shit a mile away. This is why we grow.

So, why a marathon? Remember the year I did about one a month? If you've run one you needn't ask why. If you haven't: marathon running is the nest plus ultra. NOTHING you do in life comes close. If you disagree, sorry, you don't get "it." Once done, you're never the same. Why more than one? Like a dog chasing it's tail, you try to recreate that initial experience, though you know you can't. You do it merely because that's what you do.

You look at the rest of life as transient. Things that come and go between marathons. Relationships are couched in the context of they that get "it," and the rest.

Compared with that, again, for the record, fuck It. It really doesn't matter. Anyone who can help you, support you, ok, be with me. But from the moment I walk into the house to the second I leave, NOTHING but negative words are uttered, NOTHING but F bombs, while @ all other times teaching religion and preaching 12 step crap. Makes me wonder how anyone can believe that shit, but that's their problem. Like a marathon, eventually, in the long run, you're with you and you alone. They you meet along the way are surreally helpful-the proverbial cup of water when you've hit life's wall. Bless you. You know who you are.

9 days and counting. And after.....do it all over again ;). Life IS good.

No comments: