6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, April 15, 2011

this just in!!!

Spoke with the boss this am, he's retiring June 24. Wow.

Yesterday it's announced All My Children is getting the ax, today the boss announces he's out. Wow.

This is the last remaining barrier to my growing up.

I've been the COO for the longest time, with him @ CK Post 3/5 of the week, acting CEO. But, his leaving leaves me as H.N.I.C. No more "take it to the boss."

Now, the job of the assistant director has always been "all the blame, none of the credit," this we know. But, it'll be official-if I decide to take it.

Downside: an appointed position, you could get canned anytime.

Upside: Stoney's college tuition will be paid for.

Downside: If I DON'T apply/get the gig, I'll have done all this work for years, for nothing.

Upside: historically, the A.D. gets the gig.

We'll see.

Again, I'll really be on my own on this one. But then again, when have I not been? Who's been there to help me when I needed it? Right, me.

No comments: