6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, April 25, 2011

day 638

good to be back

(@ work that is)

Actually dreading the moment I set foot in Toxichouse. I'm SURE Shebitch did zip to attend to Stoney's needs, thus, he'll hit on First Bank of Dad to replenish the $$ his friends were kind enough to put up for him. Now, why does THAT happen? Some time ago I asked if he wanted an allowance, or, when he asks, he receives. Also, pushed him to put some $$$ in the bank. What happened to THAT idea? Shebitch, of course, interfered "he should do whatever he wants with..." thus, if I'm not there, he has zip. Another reason I have lost weekends. They need to know whose bread gets buttered.

Last night was magic! Seats were in the middle, just left of center. PERFECT. Initially, I saw row "Z," but that's row 26 or 60. AND, the sound there is PERFECT. It's designed for classical music, which of course ISN'T mic'ed. Even the lack of leg room (really tight) didn't matter, he was THAT good. AND, electric!!! T shirts said "I said solo, THEY said acoustic." He rocked the joint!!! A slice from each era. @ one point, he's wandering from pipe organ to harmonium to grand piano, to a selection of guitars-deciding what to do next. REALLY amazing. I'm sure that venue never experienced that volume. Wow. Held me in rapt attention (and you KNOW before it started I was already planning my escape-fucking opening acts grrrrr!!!). Left with a huge smile on my face, just like back in The Days. Closest I can compare it to was the Rust Never Sleeps tour. Not in terms of staging, but the sensation that I'd witnessed something special/leaving the venue with a shit eating grin.

Again this am, a run. On a roll here. Didn't think I'd get it in, was misting, but I made it. Back to The Line. So far, in 2 weeks, unbroken string. This is noteworthy as last night, fell asleep @ midnight, awoke @ 3:30. Ouch. Nice to get some rest.

Downside? Toxichouse awaits (insert theme from Jaws). I'm SURE a mess, dogshit ignored for days, grass knee high. Such is life.

No comments: