6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, April 21, 2011

day 634

Yin/Yang

The good news: Stoney hangin' with his peeps. The bad news: took long enough.

The dif? He has a phone. Like I said earlier, it took Shebitch 3 weeks to replace his old phone. Of course, w/o a phone, kids these days is crippled. So, I come home yesterday, his peep is collecting his bike to meet the other suspects @ Taco Bell. Good. Stoney and his partners in crime had been hangin' @ Toxichouse, then ventured out for munchies. Good. This is what teenagers SHOULD do.

The "yang?" Of course, First Bank of Dad gets hit on this am. He and a peep (who'd spent the night) were going for eats this am. Now, let that sink in. Shebitch? Cook them breakfast? Of course not. First Bank of Dad paying for our son to purchase that which the home should provide????? Amazing, Utterly amazing. I do so with pleasure, having told him repeatedly "don't EVER fear asking for ANYTHING." Of course, Sunday night/Monday morning should be interesting. Stoney going back to school, First Bank of Dad NOT there. Wonder if Shebitch will do her usual, cry poverty and NOT give Its son lunch money. (yet is ALWAYS in possession of Snapple-must be given away).

Stopped by GNC to reload on Powerbars for him. Felt terrific, buying 'em for gym boy.

And, yet again, God does amazing shit when you let him. The guy who resembles my before pic, the guy I see regularly on The Line? Has more in common with me than I thought. Turns out he's in recovery. Wow. We actually struck up a real conversation, to the extent that I didn't hit the gym to shower (didn't break a sweat, cool temps this am). If I'd taken the day off, or worked out tonight, I'd have missed the connection. Way to go God.

No comments: