6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

day 401

the more things change.....

Great day off yesterday. STILL withdrawing from Sunday, those feelings will linger for quite a while. Was truly amazing seeing my MATC peeps. Both alive, well, and happy. I aspire to retire in that fashion. REALLY amazing to look back and see the lives I've had, Seminarian/Teacher/Sober Person/Counselor/Wannabe Rock Star/Golfer/Husband/Father/Runner/Lover/Administrator/Marathon Runner. Wow. Each stage was marked by relationships I'll keep in my heart. Truly some outstanding peeps throughout, but my MATC peeps are the shit. Deeper than foxhole family.

Now, the yang to that yin is going back to the place where I'm loathed. Fortunately, PD has the same predicament. His grown daughters don't speak to him. It's the curse of the Father. When I did the Italian 5k the other day, one of the peeps remembered Shebitch's behavior, asked some questions (he's going through the same shit). Told him the Sinbad line "when we get married all's lovey/dovey. The MINUTE we say 'I Do,' the wives HATE us." True. VERY true. But Shebitch and I had a GREAT marriage, until the cancer hit. Then, bitch lost it. What a dichotomy. GREAT time with my peeps, in a SECOND could move to a place where I'm accepted for who I am, not to mention, loved. Instead, I stick around, because to do otherwise would be an injustice to Keith. Can't do that. NOR enable The Bitch. It'd LOVE to be left the house. Not...gonna...happen.

St.Francis this am, actually felt...again, what's that word...good!!!

So, why "the more things change?" One of my main joints be closing. The Upper West Side Barnes n' Noble, near Lincoln Center/The West Side Y, is closing. WOW!!! I'm there twice a week.

No comments: