6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, August 21, 2010

day 391

YAYYY!!!

Did the Harlem 5k, after finding the perrrrrfect parking spot (81st n' CPW), jumped on the C train, BOOM! There I was @ 135 st. This was after driving around the start area and not finding ONE fucking spot, but then again, this IS Harlem, whatthefuck was I thinking??? So, middle ground. Hooked up with hairy behemoth Sal, then DP, none of us wearing colors, pure stealth. Exchanged excuses, she kicked ass, I sucked, but not less/more than 50%. I'm holding my own, and she's about 10 years younger...and...what's that word? Ah yes, "normal." She did herself proud. I was glad to be back @ my old stomping grounds. REALLY brought back the MATC memories, you wouldn't recognize the area today. But WE remember, n'est pas? Harlem is Harlem.

So, why'd I get the perfect parking spot? After the run, walked toward my home away from home, the West Side Y. On the way, saw the NY Historical Society. Posted a pic of what I saw on FB, The Grateful Dead exhibit. Was this meant to be or what??? God REALLY took care of me. I was killing time until a movie I wanted to see was showing and what do I find smack dab between the race and the theater??? God bless the Dead!!! What a great exhibit, REALLY took me back-especially the ticket stubs and Wall of Sound (605 speakers!!! I could'a designed it!). Then, the movie. WOW. Usually I stop @ Duane Reade and pick up malted milk balls and peanut butter m and m's, but during this movie, NO ONE in the audience ate a morsel. Kind'a hard. It's in limited release (thus, playing @ my second fave theater-The Lincoln Square), and considering the subject matter, would'a been criminal to eat. Wow, really, wow.

How I wish I never set foot on Long Island. LOVE NYC.

Then back to the vehicle, off to Goodwill in Harlem to pick up some bargains (spent a grand total of $6.34 on a Mets Jersey, Marathon t shirt, and Nike shorts. Yes, $6.34), go ahead, TRY and outshop me!!!

Do I need more crap? No, but Shebitch's latest ploy is throwing out my shit, thinking I don't notice. How do I know? When It cleaned out Its former vehicle, collected a box of detritus, put it in the basement. What was within it, a ton of my running crap. How DO you spell "mental?" No problem, I got 0 credit card or other debts, I'll just buy more.

Manana, a 10k, one I've done before with NO expectations. But, figured if I was doing a mere 5k today, do the 10k which is a cross-country run at that. Manana pm, rain predicted. Good.

No comments: