6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, August 23, 2010

day 393

memory lane!!!

Got up, heard the rain, but knew I couldn't stay @ Toxichouse. Figured, head out and see if Boot Camp was on, still, a few hours to kill. Ended up running anyway, yes, in the rain. Good part of the shitty Dirty Sock Run is I felt the need to atone, so, did my penance by running in the rain. Actually felt good. Did what I used to, started from the Y. Ended up doing 10+.

Then, off to NYC. Hence, "memory lane." Went to The Village. Was a flick playing @ the IFC, then off to look for rare tunes. Sho' 'nuf, found 'em. Really took me back to hangin' with my girl days. Used to bring dates to the village and hang, go to dinner, head to The Ritz/China Club etc...Bleecker Bobs etc...wow. Thank GOD they're still there, though the thrift store is now a saloon. Trash n' Vaudeville lives as well!!! Yay!!! Alas, The Bottom Line, gone. The Ritz, gone. CBGB's, gone. Progress? No.

GOD I love nyc!!!

No comments: