6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, August 13, 2010

day 383

!!!!!!!!!!!

Gov't Mule was AMAZING! Easily one of the top 5 shows I'd ever seen. 1)Front row. Need I say more? Was hangin' with Farmer (if you know Mule, you know who's brother he is, hint: he's the guitar tech), between sets he and the others peeps on the guest list sat with us in our row/next to us. WOW!!!! If I didn't wanna appear too blown away I would'a asked him for a pick, but someone else beat me to it + I didn't wanna mess up the mojo. What a fucking night!!! AND, the opening act and I hung. Jackie Greene DIDN'T suck!!! Wow!

Never saw so many Les Pauls under one roof. Wow. Validates my feelings aboutr Gibsons. Like driving a Caddy. Once you play one, nothing else matters.

The cool thing about Gov't Mule is they play because they love it. End of story. No attitude, no bullshit, all about the music, and this is reflected in their personnel as well. Even the roadies interacted with the crowd. None of the usual rock n' roll attitude. What great people. To top it off, they always throw in a cover of a classic tune, why, because they can play ANYTHING. They've jammed with John Paul Jones!!!!! 2 encores. Can't say enough. Another AMAZING show from this summer (Sonic Youth and DMB preceded). On a side note: @ Westbury, no parking fee. THIS means the cost of the ticket was almsot equal to what was paid for DMB parking @ Shea. Like I said, with Mule, no bullshit, no exorbitant cost just because they could. All about the music. We were in heaven.

As Mule say "music fo' yo' ass!"

No comments: