6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, August 15, 2010

day 385

now THAT was odd.

LOVED heading to the boogie down Bronx. Did the half (no record thereof, I got my shirt and my tag, then returned the tag-stealth mode baby). Why? Because my corral for the Yankee Stadium run didn't go off 'til 12:30 (FUCK ME!), so, figured I couldn't stay @ Toxichouse, I would already be in that borough, why not? So, I did.

Bronx half, thank GOD started @ 7. Perfect, nice and cool, though once you started running, in a mile you had a sweat. Finished in 2:15. Then over about 2 miles to Yankee Stadium. I saw the bibs were numbered in order (of course, I has 3658 of 4,000, whatthefuck???? WALKERS were ahead of me, an 8 months pregnant woman was ahead of me, blind guy with a seeing eye dog????? NEVER again will I give an honest predicted time.)

So...I cut 2 corrals, went off with 11. Thank GOD. I did the run, Yankee Stadium's stairs, ramps, warning track, and back ways-i.e. where the lockerrooms are and food deliveries. All in all, a fun race. (BUT, never again. !)Too logistically fucked for a runner. You're standing in a corral for 60+ mnutes before your heat. Bag check is done immediately before your heat (so, you're standing, back aching, with a few hundered other people who had the misfortune of wrongly predicting their finish time). The place looks like a mausoleum/where Jews get gassed. Austere/imposing, as opposed to Shea, welcoming, like a ballpark SHOULD look-as opposed to where you go to visit the deceased or to die. THAT place defines anal retentive. A gazillion bathrooms, yet unless your corral is up, you were directed to the McDonalds on the corner. Not good at all. Also, this bullshit about predicted times, never ever again. I'll have to predict a one minute mile. Glad I did the two-fer? Yes. Actually feel good!

Was s'posed to see The Expendables with Stoney, he opted to go hang with his friends. Feel AWFUL!!!!! Really hurts. Came back from the city specifically to be with him. Can't hold it against him, he should be with his peeps. Still, hurts.

No comments: