6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, August 2, 2009

day 7

...of course I keep thinking the glass is half full. Translation: for SOME odd reason I keep expecting the best, i.e. I can set foot in the place I pay a mortgage on, before It leaves. WRONG. With It entering the hospital manana, of course It has to pick a fight. I offered to drive It and provide whatever was necessary, this is of course met with every one of my perceived wrongdoings of this or any past life. Not giving in, I repeated if It wanted a lift or needed anything, the offer held. THEN, I left until It left. Jeeeeeeeez.

Brooklyn Bridge run this am, Hellgate and CP were there, no blue/red/whatever people. Raining, but for Curtis, it's always on!!! A true gentleman. Big bird was there too. Was supposed to go in with Anita, but plans changed. Fun time, missed the nypd chopper, but with the rain it was grounded. Did ok, not great, but ok. The track work is paying off. Able to maintain a sub 9. THAT pace in this weather, with narrow paths and walkers everywhere, I'll take it-more like a real 8:30. Now if I could do 8:15 I'd be thrilled.

Heard from Tom, he was joining the AP hardcore peeps on a roadtrip to Rockefeller. Yumm. Challenging hills AND rain. He reported they did ok. Hope Keith is doing ok in the mud/campground-if they went at all.

Funny, It bitches about all the godawful things I reportedly did, yet lives in my house without contributing in any way shape or form. Nor taking note of Keith not missing a day of school, playing team basketball, or pulling straight A's, while on my watch. Odd that.

.....she knows how to use them.....

No comments: