6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, August 23, 2009

day 28

so, here's the deal: once upon a time, get asked to leave a list of what's needed, you call it a "shopping/grocery list." Today, the attempt is made to make this my responsibility. No. This is what Social Security pays disability for-It supposedly purchases groceries for Toxichouse. So, no shopping for 3, yes, 3 weeks. It's answer? Go get Chinese food-none of which I can eat (shrimp). This translates to I've been feeding myself for 3 weeks. Some fun. Keith has no problem with it, he loves junk food. Joy joy.

Fun this am, the NYRR had its first Triathlon. So, with the 9 + 1 thing, made this my volunteer op. Really a good time. First, did chip/shirt distribution, then, course marshall. You really get to give back all you've gotten from encouraging peeps along the course.

THAT was the good news. Bad news: Fucking Vince wearing a Quantum shirt. Whatthefuck is with this guy???? Mr "I can tell everyone a better way to do whatever they're doing" yet, does he ever wear the colors??? Fucking know it all. Not cool at all. When I was speaking with him I made it a point to cover the words on his shirt.

The rain held off 'til it was time to leave, thank G.

Headed over to The Parkhouse-it WAS 9:15 after all-the Tri started @ 7, no familiar peeps. Oh well.

Got the volunteer credit, a way cool shirt, and great memories (though, HOW people race in folding bikes I'll never know).

Reinforced my respect for the NYRR. Lots of peeps have a bone to pick with them, I'll never understand why. The NYRR do not put a gun to anyone's head-you disapprove, don't participate. I liked hangin' with the peeps I always see @ bib pickup, and who always wanna strike up a convo, but are put off by the wall I have. Great bunch of people who could have just as well stayed in bed on a Sunday morning. Props to them all. Thet are there to see it succeed. These were the same peeps who were there for the 5k yesterday, again, one day in Harlem, the next in Flushing Meadows. They needn't have put themselves out, but they did. Wish the local clubs had the same frame of mind, but no, all they care about is their private agendas-which is why they wither while other grows. Props to NYRR.

And, as always, GREAT to be in one of my growing up haunts, Flushing Meadows. Really reliving memories there. Mom never did the easier way, always did the right thing. Sundays were for Church and Sunday dinner, not Chinese food. Thanks mom. Always made time to expose us to new things, never ditched us to attend to her narcissistic agenda. More hair coloring please, Lymphoma wasn't enough the first go 'round!


...you know it's sad but true!!!

No comments: