6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, August 28, 2009

day 33

WOW!!! What a difference a day makes. Actually got one over on our webmaster-found a race on NO ONE'S calendar, Urban Athletics was putting on a 5k on 103rd n' Riverside. Why does that ring a bell? It's where Nike had a training run waaaaaay back when we were a cohesive group, @ the Hudson Cafe. Niiiiice location, flat, a 5k. What also made it significant, I took the day off the day before to see if it would affect my time-of course it did, came in @ a sub 8. Yes, a sub 8, 7:39 pace. I was as amazed as anyone-but I hadn't done St.Francis since Monday. Had some...what's that word...ah yes, REST. But, it WAS an amazing field, when you run with peeps like that, it raises the bar. In my age group, the top ten paces ranged from 4:38 to the tenth place guy with 5:33 (tenth place @ 5:33????). Wow. Urban Athletics draws a FAST crowd. I was next to last in my age group. One third from the back of the pack. WOW. But, for me, a pr. YAY!!!!! 7:39, didn't know I could move that fast. Thanks coach!!!

Spent the night in Manhattan, saw In The Loop, great movie, came highly recommended.

This weekend, rain, then rain, then...more rain. Good thing there's no races.

...difficult, difficult, lemon difficult.

No comments: