6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

day 24

used the Brooks Beast w/New Balance inserts for St.Francis this am. Knees ok. Usually, the am after track work I'm dead, but this was awright. Might half to go 1/2size lower (went with a 12, due to inserts), or lace 'em tighter. No blisters, little knee pain. Humid as a mofo though, shorts, no shirt.

GREAT night with Keith last night. Really allowed me to again experience the fulfillment of hangin' with something that came outta you. What a great kid. The bad news: he woke up alone. It left for the hospital, no goodbye, no nuthin'. And you're tempted to think I'm cold about this? No way. Pure, total, self-centered, narcissistic, self-portrayed victim who revels in her self designated victim status and couldn't give a shit about her child. Talks a good talk, that's it. And the fridge? Empty. If you were going in hospital you'd cook for 3 days, label everything, and leave a stock of what's needed. ESPECIALLY if you receive government funds to do so.

Tonight, core training, need it badly. Besides running, the down side of hangin' with Gilligan is I really don't have a second to myself. At least I get 1/2 hour me time. Cheaper than valium.

No comments: