6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, August 14, 2009

day 19

before leaving bed-you know those moments when you say "I'm up too early, go back to sleep damnit!!!", well, I hear Keith on the x box. Hardly unusual. It sleeping next to him, he playing video games @ 3 am. Ahhhh, family.

I go downstairs, give him The Look, go to my pc, try to log on and.....and...it's already on. Needless to say he fears seeing me after having to tear him a new one. He just doesn't understand you don't do that. I explained: he killed 2 pc's, he's not notching another on his techno belt. Of course his answer: "I had to look something up," a cheat for a video game. @ THAT point I told him "ask It for ANYTHING computer related, I'm done." The ONE friggin' thing I have some privacy with, and now that's gone. And what does It do? The usual, nothing.

St.Francis this am, last run before Sunday. Looking forward to it. Last year, Walking on Sunshine and Lets Go Crazy playing in Times Square, finding ANOTHER Ipod, memories of when peeps were tight and we did the Central Park and other training runs. At least I'll be there. In the end, it's all that counts.

Pick up the number this am, then dinner with The Boys. Sort of like a bachelor party minus the donkey. Maybe.

*Les Paul: 94 years old, with us no mo'. Bummer. How ironic that It Might Get Loud opens today. STILL remember as though I'm there, the night we went to the club to have him sign our guitars. What a wonderful guy. Actually asking what we wanted him to write. Amazing. A genius, razor wit, yet humble as hell. Earth won't be the same.

No comments: