6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

day 31

track work yesterday, almost missed it!

Went to AP per the plan, the track was being redone, so coach said be @ AP. The appointed hour arrives, only 2 of us there, called Ken, who called Joe, who relayed that they were @ the track. So much for the plan. We ARE Alley Pond after all. So, the two of us shlepped down Springfield blvd to QCC, 15 mins late, Rob and Peter were doing their first set. We caught up eventually, though @ the end, coach said we owed him 2 laps STILL (making up for what we walked into Rob and Peter completing when we arrived late). Dayum. Legs were rubber. That was the bad news, good news (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!) is coach said my times were almost exactly the same. Hey, I suck...consistently.

Finding it tough to stay motivated, yet press on. More news, It reenters hospital tues for 3 more days of chemo, then about a week later, 4 weeks in hospital. Starting to get that "weight of the world on my shoulders" feeling. As though working wasn't enough, I'm really single parenting. This is getting rough.

Decisions...decisions...no core training for 2 weeks, a good thing. You do the same shit week after week, you hit the wall. So, either do the last LIRRC tonight (end of summer Wednesday series), or do the boot camp class, or run @ crack of dawn. Too many options, this is getting like the LI Marathon and it's bloody choices. Prob wait 'til later and decide @ work. Save the knee for tonight-stiull sore from the track. I swear, running a marathon is easier than track work. My only gauge there is staying between rob and Peter, in front, and Lori behind me.

No comments: