6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, August 9, 2009

day 14

ok, 2 weeks down, how many more to go? Get that crystal ball out kiddies.

Keith needs midol-dead pc. Sucks for him. Looks like the power source, but you have to wonder: it's his second computer. I'm STILL on a Pentium 2-believe it-it works perfectly. No viruses etc..... Him? Laptop, died and was revived, now his desktop is dead. Do you see me rushing? Let It take it to Best Buy.

Rain in the am, if it were not for being preregged, would'a skipped the race, but hey-a 5k? Gotta do it. Was one of the few really local races left-the kind where you're noticed for representing your peeps. Glad I did it. Saw my hard core peeps-Joe, Sal, Curtis, Wendy, danny. Was terrific. Tom called, asked about Ken's status. He hit it on the head when he stated the obvious: it's more than a "club," more like a family. A sick, fucked family, but a family. N' I'd have it no other way.

Did ok, keeping it well under 9 per mile. On a challenging course like this one, I'll take it. Need to lose 10 more seconds consistently n' I'll be happy-keep it @ 8:30.

WOULD be nice if Keith would get a grip, he looks like my patients withdrawing, but I will NOT enable/rescue him. He's gotta learn it's a friggin' machine. Hurts to see him so friggin' frustrated-almsot near tears. It drove him to gamestop to buy an x-box game, THAT lasted about 10 minutes. Methadone lasts longer.


.....the Reverend Smithy recognized mne, and punched me in the nose!!!

No comments: