6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, June 26, 2011

day 700!!!

WOW!

Sometimes, putting one foot in front of the other is its own reward.

Did the Governor's Island 10k this am. Why? Not quite sure, other than I'd never done it before. Logistically, NOT user friendly: truck to Manhattan for number pickup (no day of race), then BACK to manhattan for the run. Take the ferry to the island, then a ferry back. NOT user friendly. NOT cheap, not even cost effective-$35. Yet, did it. The lengths I go to to maintain homeostasis.

So, took the first ferry there, after parking in a garage-didn't wanna risk a ticket. parking near Battery park is now a nightmare. Got to the run, me and 8 others. Had the island to ourselves. Hadda wait, BUT it was a pleasant wait. hammocks!!! Nice. Worked on my tan, napped, before I knew it, 11 mins to race time. Nice. 3 loops, NOT nice, but did ok.

Took the ferry back, then as we disembarked, some giril i'd been eyeing asked if I'd ever done and modeling. Can you imagine? Said she was a casting agent, took some picks, said she "liked my look." Googled her, she's legit!!! Imagine! ME, a model????? Now, let that sink in. Didn't really wanna do this race, it WAS a pain in the ass logistically, but if I hadn't done it, this wouldn't have happened. Amazing.

As I was getting outta the garage, got texted asking if I was going to Steve's party. DAYUM!!! Would'a liked to have gone with her, but, such is life, can't be in 2 places at once.

Got the HELL outta Manhattan (Gay Pride parade made it HELL getting out), ate, then the evening 5k. Torture, total torture. NEVER ever run the whole thing. For a measly 5k, it's a KILLER. But hey, made it through the weekend.

Tomorrow my adulthood begins. My inner child gone. The facility's guard changes and guess who's calling the shots. Always knew I was meant for it, but we'll see who the PERMANENT boss is.

No comments: