6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, June 11, 2011

day 685

redemption!

Got over Thursday's poor performance. How? Was raining this am, good thing I preregged for a local 5k. The kind I like. Actually is one of the few I haven't, yet, done. Nice, near work, rolling hills, Herricks. Actually was surprised to see a Long Island Usual Suspect-most were @ the Sayville 5k.

Came in under 9. Good. By no means an easy course, but no mile markers. Good, actually VERY good. Made you go "all out" (or my version thereof) earlier. Twice I asked runners next to me how much remained. Both, @ various points said "half a mile." So much for asking, but I did well.

REALLY glad I preregged. Was raining up until the actual start. If I hadn't paid in advance, would'a gone to the gym.

No comments: